[rancid] Automatic RedBack backup

Kristian Larsson kll at swip.net
Fri Aug 17 13:23:21 UTC 2007

Hey all!

I'm trying to use RANCID for backing up the configuration of a few Red
Back SE800 routers. For Cisco routers I already have a working mechanism
in place which basically tail -f's a syslog file, when it find a
"Configured from console by ..." message it executes rancid to log in to
the router and pull out the configuration.
My problem with Red Back is that they just won't syslog when there has
been a configuration change and thus I don't know when to execute the
backup script.
Does anyone know of any secret knobs or other way for me to accomplish this?

Regards,
    Kristian.