[rancid] Re: Sending Summary E-Mails

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Thu Aug 23 08:22:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:23:32AM +0100, Gordon Ross wrote:
> Rancid, as I see at the moment, sends an e-mail with the full text of
> changes in it. Is it possible to configure rancid to also send a summary
> e-mail saying "Device X configuration has changed", without the actual
> diffs in it (and still send the e-mails with the fill diffs to elsewhere
> ?)

	You could run cvs stat right before or after the email is sent in
control_rancid. You would have to do a little extra work to format it the way
you want.

	Rancid won't do anything like that out of the box, but it would not
be a monstrous task to do if you have any experience with shell or perl
programming.

	Austin