[rancid] CVS errors

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 20:35:30 UTC 2007

Team,

I am getting this error for almost all of my config files on one of the
rancid deployment. It started happening after somebody played with
directory permissions. I think the permission is now set the way it was
but I still have the errors.

cvs status: move away `router-name1'; it is in the way
cvs status: move away `router-name2'; it is in the way
cvs status: move away `router-name3'; it is in the way
cvs status: move away `router-name4'; it is in the way

What does it really mean and what's best approach fixing them?

Thanks,
Sam