[rancid] Timeout on pix even when the prompt is recognized.

Lance rancid at gheek.net
Fri Feb 23 19:13:45 UTC 2007

Hey All,

I am not sure why this happens. Running just clogin with the -c flag for
write term, it hangs and times out. Yet if I do not use the -c flag I
have no problem what so ever. Any hints? I have included the output for
both logins, with/without the -c flag below.

-Lance

###
### With the -c flag
###
clogin -t 90 -c "write term" yyz-pix-01
Escape character is '^]'.
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS DEVISE IS PROHIBITED.
Permission to access or configure this device is required.
Violations of this policy may result in disciplinary or other
action and may be reported to law enforcement.  All activity
may be logged.

User Access Verification

Username: joeuser
Password: ***********
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
yyz-pix-01> enable
Password: *************
yyz-pix-01#
yyz-pix-01# t

###
### No -c flag
###
clogin -t 90 yyz-pix-01
Escape character is '^]'.
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS DEVISE IS PROHIBITED.
Permission to access or configure this device is required.
Violations of this policy may result in disciplinary or other
action and may be reported to law enforcement.  All activity
may be logged.

User Access Verification

Username: joeuser
Password: ***********
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
yyz-pix-01> enable
Password: *************
yyz-pix-01#
yyz-pix-01# sh ver

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(2)

Compiled on Wed 13-Aug-03 13:55 by morlee

yyz-pix-01 up 63 days 22 hours

Hardware:   PIX-515E, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz
Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB
BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

Encryption hardware device : Crypto5823 (revision 0x1)
0: ethernet0: address is 000e.83c9.ecc1, irq 10
1: ethernet1: address is 000e.83c9.ecc2, irq 11
2: ethernet2: address is 0090.2757.73b2, irq 11
3: ethernet3: address is 0090.2757.73b1, irq 10
4: ethernet4: address is 0090.2757.73b0, irq 9
5: ethernet5: address is 0090.2757.73af, irq 5
Licensed Features:
Failover:                    Enabled
VPN-DES:                     Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES:                Enabled
Maximum Physical Interfaces: 6
Maximum Interfaces:          10
Cut-through Proxy:           Enabled
Guards:                      Enabled
URL-filtering:               Enabled
Inside Hosts:                Unlimited
Throughput:                  Unlimited
IKE peers:                   Unlimited

This PIX has an Unrestricted (UR) license.

Serial Number: xxxxxx
Running Activation Key: xxxxxxxxx