[rancid] Re: unsaved configs

Joe Provo joe.provo at rcn.com
Tue Jan 2 23:46:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:07:04AM -0500, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> Is there already an existing function withing rancid to report the
> difference between the running config and the startup config.
>
> I know that the file size of the startup config changes, but I was more
> hoping to see something like a diff between the running config and the
> startup config if there was a difference.

By whatever facility you're using to make changes, it would be good to
commit your changes as part of the execution.  Otherwise, you will lose
your [provisioning, standards updates, traffic engineering, etc] on a
system disruption.

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  617.670.2904
Senior Manager, Internet Planning & Design           Fax    617.670.2920