[rancid] Vlans getting toggled on Cisco 6500

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Wed Jan 10 21:00:26 UTC 2007

I've been seeing a lot of this lately:

  !VLAN: VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
  !VLAN: ---- -------------------------------- ---------
-------------------------------
- !VLAN: 1    default                          active    Fa9/5, Fa9/16,
Fa9/20, Fa9/39, Fa9/40, Fa9/41, Fa9/42, Fa9/43, Fa9/45
+ !VLAN: 1    default                          active    Fa9/5, Fa9/16,
Fa9/20, Fa9/39
+ !VLAN:                                                 Fa9/40, Fa9/41,
Fa9/42, Fa9/43
+ !VLAN:                                                 Fa9/45

And a day later, it'll change back to all be on a single line.

I vaguely recall seeing something like this on the list before, but I
don't remember if there was a resolution and I can't find it now.
Anybody have any idea how to prevent this?

(Running rancid 2.3.2a6)

Thanks,
Dylan