[rancid] On Cisco routers and PIXs, the line ': Written by ..."

Miotke, Ron RMiotke at lear.com
Thu Jan 11 16:22:52 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm running RANCID 2.3.1 without any issues and also it was a great
learning experience.

There might be a small patch for this already.  Please point me in the
correct direction; but on Cisco routers and Cisco PIX firewalls when the
configuration is written by using a 'copy running-config startup-config'
or on a PIX a 'write mem' the config listing will show:

: Written by johndoe at 09:35:47.673 EST Wed Jan 3 2007

The existing versions of rancid doesn't show this line when there was a
written change.  Perhaps it is filtered, don't know.

1. Is there a small mod that can be made in some of the script files so
that this line is documented?
2. If this has been asked before where can I find change.

Regards,
--Ron

Global Data Network Sr. Mgr. / I.T. Security

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.