[rancid] Re: Viewvc problem, Might just be me playing dumb

Todd Heide Todd at equivoice.com
Mon Jul 9 13:36:55 UTC 2007

OK I fixed the PHP issues, now I need some guidance on viewvc.

An Exception Has Occurred

Rancid not found!
The wrong path for this repository was configured, or the server on
which the CVS tree lives may be down. Please try again in a few minutes.

Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/viewvc-1.0.4/lib/viewvc.py", line 3665, in main
    request.run_viewvc()
  File "/usr/local/viewvc-1.0.4/lib/viewvc.py", line 234, in run_viewvc
    raise debug.ViewVCException(
ViewVCException: ViewVC Unrecoverable Error: Rancid not found!
The wrong path for this repository was configured, or the server on
which the CVS tree lives may be down. Please try again in a few minutes.

This is after I click on the Rancid link.

Here is what I have in viewvc conf.

cvs_roots = Rancid: /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS

Nothing has changed between the servers, the layout is the same. I think
I have something in CVS not setup right, but for the life of me cant
remember what I did to get it working the first time.

Thanks

CCNA CCDA CS-CAWLANFS CQS-CWLSS CS-CISecS

Nothing ever goes as planned, Its a hell of a notion,

Even pharaohs turn to sand, Like a drop in the ocean