[rancid] Re: Pulling down context configs from a Cisco FWSM

Lance rancid at gheek.net
Tue Mar 27 17:09:00 UTC 2007

Ed,

I am sure you are busy like everyone else. I know you have a very solid
grasp on rancid's files and might be able to offer some insight.

Maybe a "hack" method might be to have clogin do its normal collection
but add "show context" to the commands and then after it evaluates the
output it will login and gather additional information. The addition
information could then be added to the same file that was originally
created.

An Expect approach would be to read a line at a time from "show context"
and do a substring or split on that line and create another array of the
show context commands. I was thinking something like this to capture the
contexts. I basically just created an array out of the lines that were
posted.

set source(0) "cast             cast       vlan3,164,501,511
disk:/cast.cfg"
set source(1) "university       university vlan216,316,416,501,511
disk:/university.cfg"
set source(2) "inspired-broadcast inspired-b vlan217,317,417,501,511
disk:/inspired-broadcast.cfg"
set source(3) "bdex             default    vlan218,318,418,501,511
disk:/bdex.cfg"
set source(4) "cast-shared-servers cast       vlan102,511
disk:/cast-shared-servers.cfg"
set source(5) "alcatel-ipt      alcatel-ip vlan511,601,616-626,632
disk:/alcatel-ipt.cfg"
set source(6) "netability       netability vlan219,319,419,501,511
disk:/netability.cfg"
set source(7) "etl              etl        vlan223,323,423,501,511
disk:/etl.cfg"
set source(8) "celeritas        celeritas  vlan220,320,420,501,511
disk:/celeritas.cfg"
set source(9) "brandsauce       brandsauce vlan221,321,421,501,511
disk:/brandsauce.cfg"
set source(10) "eon              eon        vlan222,322,422,501,511
disk:/eon.cfg"
set source(11) "heat3d           neat3d     vlan224,324,424,501,511
disk:/neat3d.cfg"
set source(12) "lightwave-technologies lightwave-
vlan225,325,425,501,511 disk:/lightwave-technologies.cfg"
set source(13) "guest-networks   guest-netw vlan426,501,504-505,508,511
disk:/guest-networks.cfg"
set source(14) "event-networks   event-netw vlan501,506-507,511
disk:/event-networks.cfg"
set source(15) "wag              wag        vlan226,326,501,511
disk:/wag.cfg"

foreach {key value} [array get source] {
       set line [split $value]
       set context [lindex $line 0]
       puts $context
       }