[rancid] [PATCH] Fixing Extreme support
tore at linpro.no
Tue May 22 14:30:16 UTC 2007
Hi. I finally got around to fix RANCID so it worked flawlessly with
my Extreme devices (I've got switches running both ExtremeWare and
* Identify XOS as a separate platform, this is done by looking for a
period before the command number instead of a colon. Fix the prompt
match regex in xrancid to recognise both cases.
* Always "disable clipaging [session]" to avoid pagination, which
earlier caused me to lose a configuration line every 24 or so lines
for XOS. Remove comments suggesting such commands isn't available.
* XOS doesn't have a marker for the end of the configuration file, so
use a prompt match to look for the end too. Also make it so that
invalid commands are detected, thus preventing an error message to
be mistaken for the complete configuration.
* Work around a strange bug in XOS where once in a while the line
containing the SSH key will only contain the last seven hundred or
so octets (causing spurious diffs to be mailed all the time). If we
see a line containing only hex octets, assume we hit the bug and
replace it like we would the complete line.
* Fix the while loop that's supposed to swallow the SSL privkey for
ExtremeWare devices, which earlier caused the next valid
configuration line following the key to be swallowed also.
* Remove special-casing of the quit/exit command for Extreme products,
use "quit" always.
This fixes all the bugs I experienced using RANCID with Extreme
devices running XOS 220.127.116.11 and EW 7.5e.2.6 / 7.5e.3.8.
Hope it's useful to others and that it can be applied to the next
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6984 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/attachments/20070522/580de52a/attachment.bin
More information about the Rancid-discuss