[rancid] Re: enable password usage in .cloginrc

Fox, Brad Brad.Fox at bdk.com
Fri Nov 2 15:32:26 UTC 2007

Abez,

Try for TACACS+

add user <Device>    username
add password <Device>        Password
add autoenable <Device>      1

For non-TACACS+

add password <Device>     User-PW     Enable-PW
add autoenable <Device>       0

If your password has any special characters such as $ put {} around the
password as it treats the $ as a variable not as part of your password.
Also the .cloginrc file is alpha-numeric sensative so make sure the
device is not catching someone elses hostname in ./cloginrc

Hope this helps

Brad