[rancid] Re: Rancid without radius

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Nov 14 17:45:01 UTC 2007

Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 11:48:00AM +0300, William Muriithi:
> Hallo pals,
>
> I have a quick question that I don't seem to find answer from google search.
> We have issues setting up radius such that if radius is unavailable, the NAS
> can fall back to the local account. Yeah yeah, the last option in aaa command
> should be local,  but for some reason, its not working. This mean we are
> still using local accounts
>
> Now, I am attempting to backup a pix device. The backup account is local and
> with enable 5 rights. The network guys have decided its not wise to give this
> account enable 15 access.
>
> The problem is, I am not able to have rancid log in to the pix device with
> enable 5 permission. Is anyone aware of how to achieve this? I would be
> grateful for any pointer?

My guess would be that level 5 changes the prompt to '#', which clogin will
believe is already enabled.  I'd just leave it with level 1 and let clogin
do the enable to 15.

OR, perhaps enable doesn't automatically move you from a level of >1 && <15
to level 15.  I don't know, >1 && <15 have always seemed pointless, so I've
never experimented.