[rancid] Re: Blogin support for Nortel 5520

Francois Mikus fmikus at acktomic.com
Fri Nov 16 14:02:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

Do you have consistency in the capture of the Ctrl-Y + L.

I have found in testing against 470s(which use the same Menu as the
ERS-55x0), that it works 95% of the time. But the more commands are
issued in the Menu, the more likely the rancid jams in a loop. I have
successfully configured and tested rancid for ERS-1600, ERS-8600,
ES-470s with my new custom modules based brancid, another which I can't
remember.

Increasing delay before sending commands does help, but it has not
reached the magic 100% reliability of a regular CLI method.

I would suggest configuring your switches to always come up in CLI
instead of menu, avoiding all of this hassle. Rancid can automate the
configuration of CLI mode. Just run it once, check your logs, then
correct the outsanding ones. Or just run rancid a couple times. ;-)

Cheers,

Francois Mikus