[rancid] Re: Failure with Extreme XOS 12.x

Marc Müller marc.muller at gmx.net
Wed Nov 28 09:29:43 UTC 2007

Joachim Jerberg Jensen wrote:
>> On Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:11 PM Marc Müller wrote:
>>9
>> Hi everybody.
>>
>> I'm new to rancid and i hope this issue hasn't been covered before
>> (didn't find anything on the list though).
>>
>> Got rancid 2.3.2a7 working smoothly with the ciscos but no chance with
>> Extreme X450a's running EXOS 12.x.
>
> I have just been struggling with the same setup, and it required a few
hacks to work.
sounds like you've been succesfull...

>> It seems that xrancid tries to log in using a login/enable scheme and
>> does not get the replies it expects. So no config gets written.
>
> Can you post what exactly happens?
xrancid calls clogin - clogin logs in as an admin user and then tries to
 run an 'enable' cmd. Off course this returns not the expected results
and the rancid script times out...

Log output:
Trying to get all of the configs.
couldn't compile regular expression pattern: quantifier operand invalid
    while executing
"expect -nobrace -re {* tln-ch-zr([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?} {}
-re {[
^M]+} { exp_continue }"
    invoked from within
"expect {
            -re $reprompt       {}
            -re "\[\n\r]+"      { exp_continue }
        }"
    (procedure "run_commands" line 23)
    invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
    ("foreach" body line 150)
    invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
    set router [string tolower $router]
    # attempt at platform switching.
    set platform ""
    send_user ..."
    (file "/home/rancid/bin/clogin" line 712)^M
x.x.x.x: missed cmd(s): show configuration detail,show slot,show
configuration,show version,show diag,show memory,show switch
x.x.x.x: End of run not found

Marc