[rancid] Newbie Question...sorry!

Munroe, James (DSS/MAS) James.Munroe at gnb.ca
Mon Oct 15 10:17:42 UTC 2007

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if there is a way to add a variable to a command file for processing with nlogin?  For example I want to issue the following command on 170 simliar devices:  "get event > tftp 192.168.1.1 <ROUTERNAME>.log"  The <ROUTERNAME> needs to be unique for each device.  I don't care if it's the device's IP or hostname or whatever...as long as it is unique.  Hostname or IP would be nice though :-)

Also when using nlogin or clogin what's the easiest way to specify a large number of remote devices?  I've got like 380+ firewalls and routers that I'd like to issue a nlogin/clogin against.  I know the command line gives you the option to list each deviceon the same command line...but I was looking for something a little more manageable.  I'd eventually like to automate this...or script it.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jim