[rancid] Re: Force10 S-50

Peter Wohlers pwohlers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:28:29 UTC 2007

> john heasley      heas at shrubbery.net
>      Thu Aug 10 07:29:36 UTC 2006

>  Messages sorted by:                [ date ]               [ thread ]               [ subject ]               [ author ]               ________________________________
    I worked with a user some time ago to try to fix collection problems with
> their Force10 S-50.  Apparently there was a change to the UI from earlier
> s/w releases.
>
> Anyway, I do not have a Force10 and that user never replied to tell me
> whether this fixed the problem for them.  I'd appreciate if someone could
> test this change with an S series, whether or not its collection currently
> fails.
>
> tia.

Hi-

I've got a few S-50's and a new rancid installation (working nicely, thanks!).

The patch didn't really seem to change the behavior of the backup. It
seems to only read 4k of the config and stops. The patch you provided
didn't seem to change the behavior.

The diff email has all the config but truncates thusly:

+  interface  1/0/38
+  exit
+
+
+  int
\ No newline at end of file

The logs don't seem to divulge much.

I'd certainly be willing to help work through this.

Thanks,
Peter