[rancid] Re: Rancid and TFTP?

andrew.brennan+rancid at drexel.edu andrew.brennan+rancid at drexel.edu
Thu Apr 3 17:01:28 UTC 2008

You would either need to wrap the process doing the "login, copy" with a
time/date that would be passed to cvs (export the correct file to a known
filename, login to the switch, tftp known file to flash) or you could put
a file lookup function into the TFTPD (I looked for hooks in the remap
function, but I don't see what I think would be needed).

Or, you might be able to get both functions rolled together by letting a
TFTPD access the CVS repository via CvsFS (http://cvsfs.sourceforge.net/)
and not have to write any scripts/code at all.  Haven't looked into this
approach, I only thought of it a second ago.  :)

andrew.