[rancid] Setting up rancid with a corp svn server?

John A. Kilpatrick john at hypergeek.net
Tue Dec 2 23:55:03 UTC 2008

My boss wants me to have rancid use our corporate svn server.  Shouldn't
be a problem right? :)

So I went and made /data/rancid as the base dir.  I checked out the tree
using svn co https://svn.foo.com/svn/is-ops is-ops and got the tree we
use.

I have the basedir set to /data/rancid and I have CVSROOT set to
/data//rancid/is-ops/trunk/doc/network/Configs which is where I'd like the
files to go.

Then I ran rancid-cvs and got:

rancid at ntop /data/rancid $ rancid-cvs
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///data/rancid/is-ops/trunk/doc/network/Configs/prod'
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///data/rancid/is-ops/trunk/doc/network/Configs/prod'
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
svn: '/data/rancid/prod/configs' is not a working copy
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
svn: '/data/rancid/prod' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '/data/rancid/prod/.svn/entries': No such file or
directory
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///data/rancid/is-ops/trunk/doc/network/Configs/corp'
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///data/rancid/is-ops/trunk/doc/network/Configs/corp'
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
svn: '/data/rancid/corp/configs' is not a working copy
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
svn: '/data/rancid/corp' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '/data/rancid/corp/.svn/entries': No such file or
directory

I'll be honest, I'm not an svn guru nor am I rancid guru - rancid always
falls under the "just works" category for me.  If someone can point out
what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.  Should the CVS basedir be a URL?

Thanks,
John

--
                                John A. Kilpatrick