[rancid] Re: Setting up rancid with a corp svn server?

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:20:38 UTC 2008

Wouldn't you then have to change how rancid-cvs handles that variable?

It would seem that you would have to figure out how to tell rancid that the repo
was already created and how to reference it.  The thing is, you can't
write files directly
to the remote repo, you have to work off a checked out version of it.
Rancid basically does
this already, and for all intents and purposes, once the repo(s) are
properly created, you
should be able to do svn ci all you want in the checked out directory
like rancid does already.

Maybe there's a way to create the directories local with rancid-cvs
and then swap in the remote
repo after the fact, by removing the directories, checking out the
remote repo into the same directory
names, and then run rancid.

It would seem like that could work.

Peter