[rancid] Re: Setting up rancid with a corp svn server?

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 02:01:59 UTC 2008

Interesting.

So, if it were to be a pretty clean hack, i.e.:  Something that could
be committed to the source tree,
perhaps we should have another variable like CVSMETHOD where we could
put in https, ssh, or file
and have it populate another variable based on that input.

I'm assuming from the earlier part of the thread, you're planning to
use https, IIRC.

Peter

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 PM, John A. Kilpatrick <john at hypergeek.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, john heasley wrote:
>
>> rancid-cvs assume that CVSROOT (from rancid.conf) is local and is a
>> path not a URL and in some cases svn wants a path and in others a
>> URL.
>>
>> To support this, i think CVSROOT would have to become a url.
>
> Yeah, I may have to hack that manually, given that in racid-cvs, for
> example, $CVSROOT is prefaces by file://
>

> --
>                                John A. Kilpatrick
> john at hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/
> john-page at hypergeek.net      Text pages|          ICQ: 19147504