[rancid] Re: Need a little help with Auto Enable

Hurgh hurgh at hurgh.org
Mon Dec 8 22:09:25 UTC 2008

Hi All,

With a little bit of reading and some rancid -d action, I have discovered
the problem.

-- snip --
HIT COMMAND:spgvsour01c28#show variables boot
    In ShowBoot: spgvsour01c28#show variables boot
HIT COMMAND:spgvsour01c28#show flash
    In ShowFlash: spgvsour01c28#show flash
HIT COMMAND:spgvsour01c28#dir /all nvram:
    In DirSlotN: spgvsour01c28#dir /all nvram:
write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
    while executing
"send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)""
    invoked from within
"expect -nobrace -re+ { exp_continue } -re {^[^
 *]*spgvsour01c([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?} { send_user --
"$expect_out(buffer)"
    invoked from within
"expect {
-- snip --

It seems that the username I am using to login to the router does not have
access to run some of the required commands.

Dose anyone know how to stop Rancid running specific commands for specific
hosts? or is it a manual hack job to fix it?

Thanks