[rancid] rancid don't create configurations files

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Wed Dec 10 20:03:10 UTC 2008

Hi all

Can someone help me out.
I've install rancid on a Centos5, and configured it as I belive it should, but I don't get any configurations into the file structure.
If I run .cloginrc -c " sh run " and pipe it into a file I get the configuration of the router.
If I run rancid-run, and at the same time do a tcpdump then I can see the connect to the router from rancid and  also a lot off packets being transferred from the router to rancid.
But I never get a list of configurations files.
I don't get a log file in /var/log either.
What can I be missing here. I run rancid-run as rancid user.
Here is the extensions of the created file.: -rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid    0 Dec 10 20:49 testsw1

/Arne