[rancid] Re: Does the clogin -x flag work if ssh is the transport?

Chris Gauthier cgauthier at mapscu.com
Tue Dec 30 00:48:15 UTC 2008

It is probably failing because the ASA/PIX series always logs you in at
a non-privileged exec mode.  To get to the privileged exec mode, you
have to enter your login password a second time.  Here is how my working
.cloginrc is configured:

# Firewalls (before global settings)
#
add method PIX_firewall.example.com ssh
add autoenable PIX_firewall.example.com 0
add user PIX_firewall.example.com rancid
add password PIX_firewall.example.com e7eet.Pa55w0rd e7eet.Pa55w0rd
(I had to obfuscate the password in a fun way <grin> )

Good luck!

Chris