[rancid] Re: Permission denied, please try again message

Oglum AVD oglumavd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 04:52:35 UTC 2008

How is your ACS configure?
Are you mapping DNS/Group --> ACS group or local ACS account?
If you are mapping DNS groups to ACS, make sure your account is ONLY one
security group that maps to ACS group.  User account can be in multiple
group, but you need to re-arrange it in ACS mapping, basicly first group
will win situation...

I had same issue, my account was member of multiple security group in AD and
some of these groups were mapped to ACS group. I created ACS local account
and it worked like champ :-).  I test login using Rancid on switch and
router and worked OK.  However, if it times out and I think lot of people
having same issue.
Example; /var/lib/rancid/bin/clogin  -c 'show clock' test-c3560-acc-sw1 -
logs into switch and waits... finaly times out :-(

Sample;
1. nano /root/.cloginrc
example follows;
add user test-c3560-acc-sw1 testacc (local ACS account)
add userpassword test-c3560-acc-sw1 password
add password test-c3560-acc-sw1 password enablepassword
add method test-c3560-acc-sw1 {ssh}