[rancid] Re: Nortel 5500 and 8600 switches with Rancid

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Mon Feb 18 02:00:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:42:19AM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 08:05:54AM -0500, Robert Peck:
> > HI,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if rancid works with Nortel 5510, 5520 and 8600
> > switches??
>
> It may, as type "baynet".  But, there was some discussion in Nov about
> needing some changes to blogin to reach the CLI (from a menu) and in
> July someone mentioned that it didn't work with the 4000 series.
>
> I don't know anything about these devices.

In a previous job I had to deal with the 8600 (formerly Passport) boxes.

I remember having posted something to this list from around that time
and was able to find this in the archive.  I don't think I have any of
the scripts any more and don't remember all that much about those
devices either.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2004-July/000808.html

Hopefully it can help you out.

Tony