[rancid] Re: Riverbed WAN Accelerators

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:19:17 UTC 2008

I was digging a bit more into this and noticed that the Riverbeds look
a lot more like a Foundry than a Cisco.  So I changed it in my
router.db to Foundry but it fails with a timeout in the logs.

I run flogin manually on the device this is what it does.

rancid at mothership:~/bin> ./flogin los-3520-A
los-3520-a
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid los-3520-a
Riverbed Steelhead
rancid at los-3520-a's password:
Last login: Tue Feb 19 13:05:24 2008 from 10.3.1.36
rancid
los-3520-A > rancid
% Unrecognized command "rancid".
Type "?" for help.
los-3520-A > enable
los-3520-A #

So it gets to an enable prompt fine.  So I'm not exactly sure what its
timeout on.

The logs show:

los-3520-A flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

I'm fairly sure I'm close as the comands that will run on the Foundry
will work on teh Riverbed... at least the show version and write term
ones that I want.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks