[rancid] Re: RANCID with HP Procurve 4100g

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Sun Feb 24 23:46:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:26:55PM -0500, Andy Swanson wrote:
>  I have found this post on this same topic:
>
>  http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2007-January/001947.html
>
>  Looks like there was a tarbal attached with new scripts:
>
>  hp4000m.rancid
>  hp4000m.clogin
>  cloginrc2pl.exp
>  Rancid/ParseConfig.pm
>  Rancid/Login.pm
>
>  Any chance anyone has these file???

I am the author of those files, and I do indeed have them.  And I would
be delighted to give them to you.  But they are for the HP Procurve 4000,
also known as the 8000 or 2424m, none of which is the HP 4100gl that
you have.

I think what you need is to set your device type to be "hp" and go
about debugging with hlogin and hrancid, if you haven't tried that
already.  See the RANCID FAQ for hints on how to debug.

By the way, I had no problem downloading the tarball from the
above-mentioned URL - it comes down as "attachment.bin" and you
can read it with "gzcat attachment.bin | tar tvf -".

	-- Ed