[rancid] Acme Packet session director.

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 04:05:35 UTC 2008

I've been attempting to get my acme packet devices up and running in
rancid, and found the following issues.

1)  hlogin actually gets me to the enabled privilege prompt, clogin
doesn't because you have to put in three passwords.

2)  #1 doesn't matter because an unprivileged user can still use 'show
running-config'.

3)  hlogin works for a procurve switch, but pretty much won't do
anything except login, because the cli has about three cisco-like
features and none of the HP ones. ;)

4)  At some point, screwing around with it, I actually got rancid to
save out a config file, but it choked when the config exceeded 102400
bytes.

5)  blogin worked as far as an unprivileged user, but when I attempted
to set the type in my router.db to 'baynet' rancid choked, claiming
'invalid type'.

Basically, that's where I'm at with it.  Let me say fairly loudly that
the CLI for these devices blows goats(I have proof), but aside from
that, I'd like to get them into
the rancid fold.  There are a few questions that come to mind.

A)  How can I increase the size of the file rancid can yank down and
store in svn?

B)  How can I extend rancid's capability, i.e., string hlogin together
with the cisco show running-config so I can capture and diff the
output?

C)  Along the lines of question A), has anyone ever stored the flash
images off any of these devices for the purpose of at least keeping
the versions going back?

Peter
--
ピーター