[rancid] Re: Cisco PIX / ASA Activation key ?

Regnar Bang Lyngsø regnar.lyngso at aak.com
Tue Jan 29 11:50:27 UTC 2008

rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net wrote on 29-01-2008 12:20:15:

>  Looking through the code, I can see, that there are something
> listed with activations keys ? but these are not listed as comments
> in my PIX/ASA configuration dumps?

Using which version of rancid? Which PIX version?

On PIX 6.3:

!RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: cisco
!This PIX has an Unrestricted (UR) license.
!Key: 0xaaaaaaaa 0xaaaaaaaa 0xaaaaaaaa 0xaaaaaaaa

Rancid parses the information from the command "show version". Is the
activation code listed as "Activation Key: 0xaaaaaaaa 0xaaaaaaaa
0xaaaaaaaa 0xaaaaaaaa" when issuing "show version" on your
platform/software version?

Regards,
--
Regnar Bang Lyngsø, Network Administrator
AarhusKarlshamn Denmark A/S
Email: mailto:regnar.lyngso at aak.com
Phone: +45 87 30 61 65 Mobile: +45 40 45 08 89
Registered office: Aarhus Reg. no: 15672099