[rancid] Re: Problem with "add method" (Linux)

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+rancid-discuss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 21:52:19 UTC 2008

Thanks John, you pointed me in the right direction.

I neglected to mention that the box is virtual, and I was using the
'NAT' network interface for communicating via the host OS. Obviously
ICMP unreachables aren't handled by VMware Server (although echo
request/reply is). I changed the VM to 'Bridged', jiggled some guest
OS settings, and voila! It all started happening.

cheers,
Dale