[rancid] Less rancid duplication

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 20:54:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

Are there any plans to make rancid more modular, in order to reduce the
duplication of code across the various *login and *rancid files?  Should
there be?

I ask 'cos it appears I need to write a *login/*rancid module for HP blade
ethernet switches (Bladesystems rebadged), and I'm wondering (a) with
which of the existing ones to start, and (b) when the most commonly used
one (ie, the Cisco one) gets useful updates that are generally applicable,
how they can be tracked and backported to the modules for other types of
devices.

Sort of related, will Michael Stefaniuc's wrapper stuff (recently
mentioned again, and also here:

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2005-November/001276.html

) be included in a future rancid?

Jethro.