[rancid] Historical logs

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 10:20:24 UTC 2008

Hi

I have just installed RANCID on my machine, and have it collecting data from
one firewall.  What I would like is some kind of differential on this
however as it seems to simply overwrite the old configuration with the new
one.

I have read the documentation that I can find, and cannot see anything about
keeping old versions of the log files.  The reason for wanting this is that
the firewall config often gets changed and there is the possible requirement
that we will need to roll back the config a few days.

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Steve Ousley