[rancid] combining aclmaker and RANCID?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Fri Mar 14 22:09:29 UTC 2008

Anybody out there besides me using both aclmaker and RANCID?

I need to make some updates to aclmaker (seems like it doesn't
support routers that have "+" in the prompt :-( ) and have been
toying with the idea of having aclmaker use the RANCID database
(and perhaps even the RANCID *login programs) to reach the router
being managed.

That would make aclmaker a lot more convenient, since right now it
requires that you manually log into the router before you can change
an ACL.

So if you are already using aclmaker, please let me know, and we
can start a discussion off-list.  For those of you who are wondering
what I'm talking about, see the brief description of aclmaker below.

	-- Ed