[rancid] Re: End of run not found

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Mon Mar 17 15:20:02 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:20 AM, John Payne wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2008, at 9:42 AM, Raymond Venner wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>> Still no luck with this issue and can't seem to find any
>> informational threads online.  This seems to be CAT os related but
>> I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Any info would be greatly
>> appreciated..
>
> I'm having similar problems with SOME IOS devices.
> running rancid manually with -d I see it hanging on show
> controllers...

Actually, a bit more digging... it looks like some kind of buffering
issue.

## $Id: clogin.in,v 1.77 2004/03/12 05:44:06 asp Exp $

with a clogin -c 'show controllers' <routername>   works fine.

clogin from 2.3.2a7:
## $Id: clogin.in,v 1.107 2006/12/08 21:28:25 heas Exp $

with a clogin -c 'show controllers' <routername> hangs after Fifo13,
and then eventually completes (several minutes later).

I see similar things with 'show run' on a different device.

Of course... that sent me hunting and it looks like I'm using an
unpatched expect.

*sigh*