[rancid] Re: CVS or SVN?

Steve Snodgrass ssnodgra at pheran.com
Sat Mar 22 01:28:15 UTC 2008

On 3/21/2008 3:48 PM, Eric Cables wrote:
> Just wondering who is using CVS or SVN to manage their RANCID
> repository.  Has anyone switched from one to the other, if so, why?

I'm using CVS, but I use subversion for some other things.  Frankly, the
limitations of CVS do not matter for rancid, so I see not reason not to use
it since it's a bit easier to set up.  Add a web server with cvsweb for best
results - being able to review all your configs and diffs via the web
interface is extremely nice.

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network/Security/Linux/Perl Geek
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."  -Sister Hazel