[rancid] Re: subversion issues

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 22 19:39:42 UTC 2008

Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:13:16AM -0500, Kelly Shutt:
> I just downloaded the latest 2.3.2a8 release and ran into the "Out of
> date" issue with subversion.  I had to apply the patch from Vince Hoang
> manually to fix the problem, see
> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-August/001679.html.
> Is there a specific reason why this patch hasn't been integrated into
> the base source yet?  Subversion does not work correctly without this
> patch.  I spent hours trying to get it working and this patch fixed the
> problem instantly.

Because it is wrong, IMO.  1) the repository should never be out of date,
unless there was a crash or some external party altered it, and the latter
case is an problem (no external parties should alter rancid's repository),
and 2) /localhost/ is bogus (though both syntax are acceptable per 1738),
the problem there was a typo, a missing '/'.

> Also, I was just trying to go to the website and I'm getting "File Not
> Found" errors on http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/.

I see a few missing mailman logos and some rancid manpage links to system
pages that are not there (from man2html), but otherwise see no missing
pages.