[rancid] Re: RANCID Debug Mode

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 21:29:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Sean Murphy wrote:

> Thats what I needed! Changing roots path worked!
>
> I have errors on the bottom of the script "10.0.0.1: End of run not
> found" has anyone seen this before?

The error is very often discussed on the list; see John's reply for more
details.

For reference, when I need to see the detail of what is really going on, I
do the following (the rancid programs are not in my usual path):

  env NOPIPE=y PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/libexec/rancid rancid -d devicename

which will produce devicename.raw and and devicename.new files in the
current directory which can be examined along with the chatty output.

>From time to time I have also done:

  cd /usr/local/libexec/rancid
  expect -d ./clogin -c 'show config' devicename

to get debugging data out of expect.

Jethro.

--
Jethro R Binks