[rancid] problem with procurve 2900-24g and new firmware version (T13.23

Jeroen quagga at muntinternet.nl
Fri Nov 21 11:40:25 UTC 2008

Hi Group,

I'm a long time user of rancid but never had problems I couldn't solve
myself with a bit of googling, I'm currently using rancid-2.3.2a8.

Problems started when I upgraded one of the many HP procurves we have
from T12.13 to firmware version T13.23.

Rancid started complaining about not being able to fetch the config.

I've tried debugging this by logging in from the console:

bin/hlogin -f /home/rancid/.cloginrc <switchname>

however, this is working fine as far as I can tell; it's logging in,
gives me a prompt and I'm able to give commands and everything.

Is someone able to point me to the right direction, or may be even has a
patch already to make this work?

Kind regards,

Jeroen