[rancid] Re: FreeBSD 7.0 + Expect 5.43.0 -- Do I need to patch expect?

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Nov 22 08:27:18 UTC 2008

Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:35:52PM -0600, Sam Munzani:
> I had similar issues a few months ago. Instead of spending time on
> debug, I chose to use the source from shruberry.net(2.3.2a7 version)
> instead of ports and used expect version 5.44.1.7. Everything seems to
> work with this combination.

I find that confusing.  I wouldn't expect (pun not intended) that the
version of rancid would matter here, unless you'd gone back quite far.
I suspect it may have found a different version of expect/tcl.

To answer eric, there was a "normal" and devel version of the expect fbsd
port.  Neither version worked properly.  I haven't looked at them recently,
so they may have changed.