[rancid] Re: using RANCID for mass configuration changes

Daniel Medina daniel.medina at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:32:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:29:03AM +0400, Smirnoff Alexander wrote:
> I want to use RANCID for mass configuration changing on routers, like
> set snmp or syslog server address.
>
> What best place in RANCID scripts for this commands ?

 You could just use clogin.

 As a one-liner:

    $ clogin -c 'conf t; snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 public; end; wr mem' router1 router2 router3

 Or put the commands in a file:

    $ cat /tmp/commands
    conf t
    snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 public
    end
    wr mem

    $ clogin -x /tmp/commands route1 router2 router3

 Caveats apply (beware of commands which may prompt you back, for example).

--
Dan