[rancid] New problem with .... Dell

hina hina at hina.fr
Tue Sep 23 15:17:35 UTC 2008

Hi
so I finaly stopped to search without the mode no-enable ... because I can t have the good right to show run via rancid-run

So it's working perfectly, with cisco, redback ...
but with dell ..
I found on the network, some binairies (drancid, dlogin) and a update of rancid-fe(with dell)
ok
so let explain the first case I DONT UNDERSTAND
for this one I try with the configuration IP:cisco:up or IP:dell:up
with a configuration autoenable (.cloginrc)
add user 10.4.33.7 backup
add password 10.4.33.7 90bK09 90bK09
add method 10.4.33.7 telnet
add autoenable 10.4.33.7 1

or
add user 10.4.33.7 backup
add password 10.4.33.7 90bK09
add method 10.4.33.7 telnet
add autoenable 10.4.33.7 1

The both working with dlogin or clogin (IP:cisco or IP:dell) as manual ..
But ... never work with the binary rancid-run
I have always :
10.4.33.7 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

What could it be ??? Because for this case, I have no clue, and I dont even understand why it s working with clogin but not with rancid-run ... which all configurations I can use in this case.

all advices will be cool, my boss is waiting for that .
and of course, we have a majority of dell switches ...
thx for all back you can give
hina