[rancid] Re: the expect problem

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Apr 4 06:59:00 UTC 2009

Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 05:12:49PM -0700, Smith, Aaron:
> Hello everyone, sorry to bother everyone with this, but I'm having a
> devil of a time getting around the expect bug...I've tried running the
> patch against my system, tried a new install using the posted expect and
> tcl from the rancid ftp server, but no luck, I still get the timeout.
>

> Would someone be so kind as to list out a working linux distribution,
> version, etc, and as well as if you used the posted source from the
> rancid ftp server or somewhere else?

use whatever linux you want.  get the expect source that matches whatever tcl
you have.  apply the patch.  make. install. and you're done.

and, besides this being a good idea for all linux folks, other timeouts
can occur, such as mismatched autoenable.  i dont recall you having described
the timeout.