[rancid] Re: UBR error

Rob Wynne rtw at zcorum.com
Mon Aug 3 19:54:57 UTC 2009

Answering my own question...

After sending this off, I started digging a bit further and found the -d
option for debugging.  Running this helped me discover that it was
actually the command *previous* to the ones in the error log it was hung
up on.

The problem was that this cmts had an option set to prompt for the
filename when you asked it to do a "more system:running-config".  This
option is in the global config, and is "file prompt noisy".  We changed
it to "file prompt alert", which only prompts when you are rebooting or
erasing the filesystem.

Sorry to clutter up the list with my learning curve.  I was getting
quite frustrated. :)

Rob