[rancid] Re: Dell Powerconnect switches - problem and suggestion

Josh Rogers 2009 at tybox.net
Sat Aug 15 15:46:57 UTC 2009

> Did you look into what John Heasley suggested previously about trying
> the SMC scripts?

I did try, but had trouble getting them to work.  They want to call
hpuifilter, which doesn't connect for some reason, and I didn't get any
further.

I continued working on getting drancid/dlogin to work, and managed to get it
to get past 'show vlan' more prompt hanging by removing the carrot ^ from
the RE. Now, it completes the commands and shows it properly, but when it
issues the final 'exit' command to disconnect, its picking up the
"Connection closed by..." string created by the session closing and believes
it did not close cleanly.