[rancid] Re: 3com 5500 device support

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Sat Aug 22 11:14:33 UTC 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Laurent CARON wrote:

> I've seen the recent thread of Jun. 12 (Added 3com BLS switches (2948)
> and corrected script for fortigate 80, and OpenSuSE spec file) about
> 3com device support.
>
> I'd like to know if supporting 3com devices in the official rancid
> distribution is planned or not.

Officially, I do not know.  But I knocked up some modules specifically for
5500s, of which we have a good number, and they work reasonably well.

I have just uploaded what you need to try it out, see:

  http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c

and let me know how you get on.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK