[rancid] Re: CatOS (UNCLASSIFIED)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 12:11:05 UTC 2009

Hello Don,

Roeun, Don T Mr CTR USA HRC wrote:
> Classification: _* UNCLASSIFIED*_**
> Caveats: NONE
>

> Is there a way to backup non-default configurations only on CatOS switches?
>
> I think what’s happening is that when users connect & disconnect ports,
> it changes a few variable metrics such as STP cost & prints them in
> “show running-config all” or “write term all”.  This causes cvsweb to
> see it as a change.  I would like it to diff “show running-config” or
> just “write term” instead.  Are there any changes that I can make?
not sure if somebody replied to you but attached is a patch that deals
with the problem differently. It kills the spantree portcost lines from
the CatOS config.

bye
	michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer          Fax.: +49-711-96437-111