[rancid] Re: Problems retrieving configs with rancid-run

Remy Heiden remyheiden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:50:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

Let me guess, whel logging in with bin/clogin, you cannot enter any commands
or hit return?

If this is the case, most probably the device you are accessing doesn't have
an enable-mode and you should replace the 'autoenable' command in .clogin
with 'noenable'.

Hope this helps.

Remy

2009/11/26 Ronni Jensen <ronnij at gmail.com>

> [...]
> l sec-disk1:,write term,show vtp status,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all
> slot2:,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,dir /all sup-micr
> ocode:,show vlan,dir /all slavebootflash:,show controllers cbus,dir /all
> slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,show version,show vlan-switch,a
> dmin show variables boot,show redundancy secondary,show running-config,show
> c7200,dir /all slot1:
> 10.10.10.10: End of run not found
> !*
> *cvs diff: Diffing .
> cvs diff: Diffing configs
> cvs commit: Examining .
> cvs commit: Examining configs*
> *ending: Thu Nov 26 12:40:58 CET 2009*
>

> Any ideas how to solve the problem? I am using:
>
> - Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
> - rancid 2.3.2
> - expect-5.43.0-19.fc12.i686 (installed from yum)
> - tcl-8.5.7-4.fc12.i686 (installed from yum)

"The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory."

(Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore)