[rancid] Re: missed cmd(s): write term

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Dec 4 20:14:30 UTC 2009

Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 08:35:04AM -0800, Sutherland, James:
> Suddenly rancid cannot talk to one of my routers.  Router is a 7206,
> just like many others.  clogin against this router works fine.  A packet
> trace shows that all the data gets sent to rancid, even on write term
> the routers sends it whole config and rancid sends "exit" after that.
>

> Here is what the logs show.  Anyone have any ideas?

it seems the device disconnected prematurely, before the exit command
was sent.  you should be able to see that in your packet trace.  you
can also use clogin -d -c 'list_the_rancid_commands' to help trace it.
also look on the device for errors, such as memory exhaustion or AAA
authorization failures.