[rancid] Re: CVS changes with ASA

Ryan DeBerry rdeberry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:29:12 UTC 2009

every rancid-run I would get an email for a diff

the diff was 1 line with the

Written by admin at 07:57:36.960 UTC Wed Jan 28 2009

the only thing that was different was the time

So rancid-run was logging in performing a write mem and then exiting.

So everytime you ran it, the config was different because it was always
saving the config.

This behavior does show up on a8.