[rancid] Re: Troubles extreme swicthes login with rancid 2.3.1

Felipe oscarfelipe30 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:50:28 UTC 2009

Hi my Friend Sven

my user is rancid and my password is rancid1234 and with this password log without problem this is ok.

and i have the same problem with extreme swicthes the ip of swicthes extreme is 10.10.45.2 ,its my first time that install rancid but this login in cisco ,juniper very well in these devices i don't have problems

i like that you send the correct configuration for its that i new user of rancid .

it is my .cloginrc configuration :

serverbackup:/home/rancid# more .cloginrc
add method      172.1.255.1    ssh
add method      172.1.255.2    ssh
add method      172.1.255.3    ssh
add method      10.10.200.1   ssh
add method      10.10.45.9     telnet
add autoenable  172.1.255.1    1
add autoenable  172.1.255.2    1
add autoenable  172.1.255.3    1
add autoenable  10.10.45.9     1
add noenable    10.10.200.1   0

add password *  {rancid1234}
add user  *     rancid
add method  * telnet
add autoenable * 1

# comments are cool, as is whitespace
# clogin supports a number of add directives:
#       password
#       user
#       userprompt
#       userpassword
#       passprompt
#       method
#       noenable
#       enauser
#       enableprompt
#       autoenable
#       cyphertype
#       identity
#
# Details on each of these follows.  Also see cloginrc(5).
#
#
# add user <router name glob> <username>
#       The default user is $USER (i.e.: the user running clogin).
#
# add userprompt <router name glob> <username prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the username.
#       Default: {"(Username|login|user name):"}
#
# add userpassword <router name glob> <user password>
#       The password for user if different than the password set
#       using 'add password'.
#
# add passprompt <router name glob> <password prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the password.
#       Default: {"(\[Pp]assword|passwd):"}
#
# add method <router name glob> {ssh} [...]
#       Defines, in order, which connection method(s) to use for a device
#       from the set {ssh,telnet,rsh}.  e.g.: add method * {ssh} {telnet} {rsh}
#       will attempt ssh connection first.  if ssh fails with connection
#       refused (i.e.: not due to authentication failure), then try telnet,
#       then rsh.
#       Default: {telnet} {ssh}
#
# add noenable <router name glob>
#       equivalent of -noenable on the cmd line to not enable at login.
#
# add enableprompt <router name glob> <enable prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the enable password.
#       Default: {"\[Pp]assword:"}
#
# add enauser <router name glob> <username>
#       This is only needed if enable asks for a username and this
#       username is different from what user is set to.
#
# add autoenable <router name glob> <1/0>
#       This is used if you are automatically enabled by the login process.
#
# add cyphertype <router name glob> <ssh encryption type>
#       Default is 3des.
#
# add identity <router name glob> <path to ssh identity file>
#       Default is your default ssh identity.
#
# include <file>
#       include a secondary .cloginrc file
#
#
# Note: The first match for a hostname takes precedence.

#add password sl-bb*-dc cow24
#add password sl-gw*-dc geeks
#add password sl*       hank    dog
#add password at*       pete    cow
#add password sdn*      mujahid horse
#add password icm*      peter
#add password *         anything
#
#add user sl-gw*-dc     twit
#add user sdn*          sdn_auto
#add user sdn-bb*       ops_eng
#add user *             $env(USER)

add password    *       {rancid1234}
add user        *          rancid

# customer x
# these routers ask for a username and password.  we automatically get
# enable access after successful authentication.
add user *.custx.net            roger
add password *.custx.net        {doger}
add autoenable *.custx.net      1

# customer y
# this is the normal cisco login.  a password followed by and enable password.
# try ssh first, then rlogin.
add password *.custy.net        {vector}        {victor}
add method *.custy.net          ssh rlogin

# customer z; they use ssh only.
add user *.custz.net            shirley
add password *.custz.net        {jive}          {surely}
add method *.custz.net          ssh

# the route-server's do not provide enable access.  cmdline -noenable
# equivalent.
add noenable route-server*      1

# all our routers, i.e.: everything else
add password *                  {clearance}     {clarence}

# set ssh encryption type, dflt: 3des
add cyphertype *                {3des}

# set the username prompt to "router login:"
#add userprompt *               {"router login:"}

# ssh identity for a juniper; used with jlogin
add identity    my.juniper      $env(HOME)/.ssh/juniper

# riverstone / enterasys / cabletron (rivlogin) example
# these boxes are 'back-to-front' from cisco (i.e., ask
# for vty password always, then tac+/radius if configured).
#
# vty password and last resort (enable) password for rivlogin
add password rs3000             {vtypass}       {lastresort}
# if using tac+ or radius login, include these lines
add user rs3000                 {monster}
add userpassword rs3000         {scary}

add noenable cisco*
add autoenable  *1

serverbackup:/home/rancid#